BitTiger is a rapidly expanding online education company whose mission is to equip the next generation of software engineers, designers and managers with the tools they need to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. Our intelligent learning platform guides students through lectures, exercises, and projects developed by Silicon Valley’s top engineers, preparing students for rewarding tech careers in less time.
About the Data Scientist (Curriculum Developer / Instructor) position:
BitTiger is looking for a creative Data Scientist (Curriculum Developer / Instructor) to join our core education team. You will work closely with other instructors, our education team and core engineering team to continuously improve our course content and online learning platform to ensure BitTiger is providing a world-class learning experience.
- Create original educational content including articles, videos, and e-books introducing Data Science topics at technical depth, such as exploratory statistical analysis, machine learning, data wrangling, and data visualization.
- Lead live-streamed course lecture on Data Science related topics
- Mentor students through the development of final projects in the Data Science field that allow students to solve a real business problem.
- Propose and define the scope of new BitTiger Data Science courses and programs
- Collaborate with other professionals in the Data Science industry to help them craft their Data Science curriculum for BitTiger courses.
- Make recommendations to course schedule/timeline, course structure, and content
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, career advisors and marketers to create, maintain, and improve BitTiger's course content and learning experience
- Define, enhance, and deliver data-driven learning experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English
- Passion for online education
- Professional work experience as a Data Scientist, or as a Data Science instructor
- Strong understanding of programming and database query languages related to Data Science (e.g. Python, R, SQL)
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or operations research is required, a Ph.D is preferred
- Competitive salary, stock options, bonuses
- Flexible work hours
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Catered lunch, stocked kitchen and beverages